PECKARSKY MAKES BALLOT FOR DNC CHAIR
Milwaukee, WI, FEBRUARY 14, 2017 – Peter Peckarsky’s campaign for Chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) received confirmation from the DNC that his name will appear on the ballot for the position of Chair at the DNC Officer Elections on Saturday, February 25, 2017 in Atlanta, GA.
Peckarsky’s campaign is based on providing election and voting protection. He states, “Our country has a Constitution which provides certain rights. One of these rights is the right to vote. My objective is to restore confidence in the voting process.” This, coupled with his vision for an inclusive Party built on a solid grassroots foundation, will enable the Party to move forward in an empowered and engaged fashion in cooperation with State and Local Party organizations.
He went on to emphasize, “A substantial number of our fellow citizens were unconstitutionally denied the right to vote in the November 8, 2016, election because of the color of their skin or other obstacles to fair voting recently erected.”
Mr. Peckarsky’s proposal to prevent the Democratic candidates for President and Vice-President of the United States from conceding the election prematurely has been endorsed by Mr. Seth Waxman, Solicitor General of the United States (1997-2001). https://www.peter4dnc.com/endorsements/
Mr. Peckarsky’s broad-based platform is based on:
· Principles of transparency, integrity, and impartiality throughout the DNC, adhering to the highest ethical code.
· Empowering Party members and voters at the grassroots level by building the 50-State plan and expanding it into each county and precinct across the Nation. This must address disenfranchised and discouraged voters, with a focus on all under-represented communities so Democatic majorities can be regained in 2018 and 2020 elections.
· Technology use that is secure, safe, and easy to use.
· Engaging and invigorating our members and voters at all levels in every race while listening carefully to develop DNC goals on an inclusive basis. Local Organizers are key, as one of the ...
· Resources provided to state and local organizations, including personnel, training, and funding, that will be the difference needed to regain balance in our Government.
Peckarsky is an attorney and long-time Democratic progressive activist, working primarily on Voter Protection and Election Protection issues and is a recognized expert in this area. In all recent general elections, recalls, and critical primaries, he has participated actively in efforts to protect the vote. For more information see the website: www.peter4dnc.com/about/
# # #